A fundraising knitting class!
All profits are raising funds for the ‘One Island One Village’ Campaign, run by ‘Guernsey For Freedom’, which seeks to set villages in India free from debt bondage forever.
This course will run for six weeks 14th, 21st, 28th January and 4th, 18th and 25th February.(skipping half term week – 11th Feb)
Over the course of 6 weeks you to learn knitting skills with the view to work on a small project.
Each student will receive a new ball of wool, a pair of needles and handouts, as well as advice in a WhatsApp chat support group.
Each student will learn at their own rate and will progress at the speed suitable to their skills. To be able to finish a project it is important to practice at home and attend each session.
During the course of the workshop, we will cover.
- Cast off
- Cast On – English Method/ Cable Method/ Thumb method
- Stocking Stitch (one row knit/ one row purl)
- Rib Stitch (one stitch knit/ one stitch purl)
- Reducing stitches – Knit-2-together/ Slip-1, knit-1, pass-over
- Increasing stitches – Knit-front& back/ Make-1
- Learn to read a pattern
- How to sew ends together
At the end of each new stitch you will keep a demo piece for your mini portfolio. Along the way I will also teach you how to correct your errors.