We hope that you have an enjoyable visit Iris & Dora . We aim to make our pottery painting sessions, workshops and parties as friendly and flexible as possible so that you thoroughly enjoy your time with us!
However, to make sure that things are clear and straightforward, please find below our terms and conditions.
If you have any queries and would rather speak to us then feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parties and Corporate Bookings
A deposit of £40 is required at time of booking. The remaining balance can be paid in the studio on the day of the event. Refunds are only given with a minimum of 72 hours notice.
Studio bookings and room hire for private events, classes, parties or other reasons are subject to a separate hire contract and terms and conditions which will be sent to your prior to confirming your booking.
– Each booking includes studio time of 2 hours. The price of your pottery also includes use the glazes, use of tools and firing your piece in the kiln.
– Works-in-progress will be held for six months from the date of first painting. If you are unable to return within this period please email or call us.
-Staff are available to advise as appropriate. However, staff may not be able to correct mistakes made with paint. If you do not finish your piece in one sitting, please make note of your colours as we may not be able to colour on your return.
– Our studio and painting guidelines are clearly displayed and Iris & Dora cannot accept responsibility for pieces where these guidelines have not been followed.
– There may be minor colour variations on pieces according to how they have been painted. Minor imperfections are a result of the hand-painted nature of the pottery and the natural state of the clay.
– When a piece is completed staff will give an estimated date when we expect the piece to be fired ready for collection. This is 2 weeks after the piece has been completed. For this reason we recommend that items required for a specific day are painted at least two weeks in advance.
– Finished pottery will be held for six months from the date of completion. Please e-mail or call us if you are unable to collect within this period. After this time Iris & Dora will regretfully have to dispose of these items, due to space considerations.
– Iris & Dora Ltd cannot take responsibility for how items are handled or used once they have been collected. Pottery is fragile and will chip or break if misused.
These are valid for 12 months, so please be sure to use them up!
Breakages in the Studio
Breakages by Customers
Pottery is fragile and broken pottery is extremely sharp. Any breakages will be charged at the full shelf price plus Studio Fee.
Damage in the Firing Process
Please be aware that sometimes pottery items can break, crack or at worse explode in the kiln. We try to control for these events but it is not always possible. It is the charm but also the frustration of working with ceramics. If your piece gets damaged in the kiln and we can not repair it, we will offer you a replacement piece.
Workshops and Classes
Full payment is taken at the time of booking to secure your space on workshops and courses delivered by Iris & Dora Ltd
Course and Workshop Cancellations by you
Our cancellation policy for courses and workshops is as follows:
– Cancellation more than 14 days in advance – full refund.
– Cancellation 4-13 days in advance – 50% refund.
– Cancellation within 3 days – no refund.
Please note that refunds can take up to 2 weeks to process.
Class/Workshop postponement by us
If a class is postponed for reasons for which we are responsible, including staff illness, we will make every reasonable effort to reschedule the class or to add the missed hours on to the remaining course classes. We apologise for this inconvenience and urge you to contact us if you have any concerns.
Non-attendance at classes and workshops due to illness or for personal or professional reasons does not give rise to the right to refunds, extra tuition or a transfer. However, in such an event we will consider all the circumstances and take such action that we consider to be fair and reasonable.
All training materials, tuition and education provided by Iris & Dora Ltd remains at all times the sole copyright of Iris & Dora Ltd. Legal action will be taken against any person(s) who infringe the copyright of Iris & Dora Ltd by distributing the information contained within our training materials and courses, or part thereof, either through reselling or distributing the information through any method, electronic or otherwise, including public performance of any kind.
Customers are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to recognise that other people in the studio also require support and assistance. If a customer becomes persistently disruptive we reserve the right to offer a verbal warning and, if this does not resolve the situation, we may, at our discretion, require the customer to leave the studio and we may exclude the customer from our premises.
Due to copyright, data protection (GDPR) and to respect other participants, the use of audio and/or visual recording is not permitted during any course or workshop without express consent of the course tutor and all course participants.
Where you wish to take photographs or video during a regular pottery painting session please respect the rights of other pottery cafe attendees by NOT including them in your photos.